Friday, October 19, 2007

5 USD Coffee and the Colors of Actions



Since I didn't have my caffeine shot today, I decided to get a cup of coffee from Costa Coffee and I've just finished my 5usd coffee while typing this entry. I think this is one unsattvic thing that will take me a long time to let go of.



My flight to Riyadh is still at 6:25pm so I still have almost 3 hours to linger here at the Dubai airport. Kept me thinking about getting a job here since it's more multi-cultural compared to Riyadh and life might be a bit more exciting. This thought, however, made me reflect on my inner journey. I still find things boring or exciting, good or bad, etc, etc... but as they say, it's a lifelong process.. one cannot simply be free from the dualities of this world.

I've been reading Iyengar's Light on Life and today, I learned about the 4 colors of actions, (1) black actions which results to ill consequences; (2) grey actions which results to both bad and good consequences; (3) white actions which brings about good results, and (4) colorless actions of which the action itself does not result to any reaction.

Made me realize about my original plan of going back to the Philippines and opening a studio in QC with Joji. I thought, in a bigger picture, this action will benefit a lot of people... it's a white action... but even white actions can bind us in thinking about the future and always wanting to experience good results.... talking nonsense... aaarrgh... too much coffee or simply not in the right frame of mind while typing this entry. Just typing the random strings of thoughts that come up in the screen of the mind.

No comments: