INGREDIENTS
2 cups dates (the YT recipe book recommends apricots or figs for Kapha people)
2 cups raisins (I used 4 cups of dried mixed fruits instead of dates and raisins)
1 cup sunflower seeds (can't find shelled ones so I used walnuts)
1/4 cup black sesame seeds (or white if you can't get black)
2-3 tbsp cocoa powder (more if you like)
oil to facilitate grinding seeds (or tahini)
ground up peanuts, cocoa powder, or sesame for rolling (I used coconut powder in some)
INSTRUCTIONS
Soak the dried fruits for a couple of hours. Grind the sunflower seeds and sesame seeds in a blender, add a little oil to aid mixing. I used tahini to facilitate grinding. Didn't measure how much I put though but approximately 3-5 tbsp. Put the mixture in a large bowl. In the same blender, add the fruits minus the water and coarsely grind them and add to the seed mixture. Mix all ingredients well. Scoop 1 tbsp of the mixture and roll into a ball, and roll over ground nuts, sesame seeds or cocoa powder. I used coconut powder as I still had leftovers from the Swedish chocolate balls. I also used some Cadbury mint chocolate powder and it tasted just as heavenly.
Makes about 15-20 balls.
Freeze for 20 minutes and enjoy with a cup of hot milk or coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment