Friday, November 23, 2007

Broccoli, Cabbage & Cashew Stir Fry


Had this for lunch today... a full plate!

INGREDIENTS
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 cups broccoli flowers
a handful of cashew nuts
2 cloves garlic, sliced into thin sticks
about 1 tsp ginger, sliced into thin sticks
1 tsp black sesame seeds
1 tsp roasted white sesame seeds
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Laziness can be an advantage sometimes at it makes you explore your creativity, hehehe... yeah, I'm making an excuse for nuking the vegetables before stir frying them. 4o seconds on high.

Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan, add the ginger and garlic slices and stir fry for about a minute then add the sesame seeds, and sesame oil... stir fry for another minute... add the vegetables and cashews, stir fry for another minute... add the vegetarian oyster sauce, salt and pepper to taste... and serve over steamed rice. Sattvic? NOT... omit the garlic if you like... but that's probably one thing I will take a long time to let go of, hehehe... cheers.

It's dessert time. I'm having some chocolate balls now.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Jon! Wow, you finally have a food blog -- suited for yogis and yoginis! Great!

Like you, garlic is a MUST for my taste buds. I can't ever, ever give this up.

I'm linking your site to mine! Thanks for the link-up too! Namaste.

Unknown said...

Hi Jane, I think the key is moderation. I had garlic rice the night before Tiwariji took my pulse and I still came out "balanced"... I guess we all need some rajas once in a while. Maybe you'd like to share a recipe or two.

Cheers.