It was vaman time again this morning.
Marshall, Ruby and I went to have pizza at the Pizza Company yesterday after work. As usual, we ordered Seafood Supreme with Cheese-filled crust and Shrimp & Brocolli Penne. It was actually very thoughtful of them to consider my food preference. They know that I'm vegetarian but I allow some seafoods in my diet specially when I go out with them, when I'm in a party and most of the time, whenever I don't have any other choice. Of course there's always the option of not to eat, but I think I still need time to practice that. Sometimes, being a middle-class Filipino living in an environment that does not really understand yoga and its philosophy can be very challenging. It's good that I'm actually surrounded by people who are very considerate and open-minded.
When I was practicing pranayama this morning, I already felt the heaviness of excess mucus in the stomach. I thought I could wait until the weekend to do vaman but it was just very uncomfortable. After bhastrika, I decided to do vaman so I prepared the 1.5L of saline solution and did the "ritual". I felt relieved after.
Now, the question is, am I ready to totally omit seafoods from my diet? Or at least start with the shrimps and crabs as they are mucus-inducing? I don't want to be so rule-obsessed but I think I've experienced enough to know that my body has become sensitive to seafoods. Maybe next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment