Just called the Cathay Pacific office here in Riyadh and requested a vegetarian meal for my flight this Thursday. Learned my lesson the last time I flew with Etihad.
Since relocating here in Riyadh in March 2006, I've flown 5 times already, once with Saudia, and twice each with Etihad and Emirates. They usually had some vegetarian or fish options in their menu so I didn't use to bother calling to request special meals in advanced. However, on my way back to Riyadh via Etihad last summer, they only had chicken and beef. I politely asked the flight attendant if they had some other options but she just said no. She's not really one of the nicest FA's I've met... but that's another story. After that, I've flown with Emirates and requested special meals in advanced.
Found this link on Airline Vegetarian Meals. The Cathay Pacific agent who took my request asked which type of vegetarian meals did I want. He mentioned two, the first one I didn't hear clearly and the 2nd one was Oriental vegetarian, so I opted for that one.
I'm having some instant Thai noodles for lunch. Garbage, I know...
Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment