Thursday, December 6, 2007

Creamy Mushroom Soup by Richard Phillips

I'm preparing this now... just had 2 fruit bowls after practice and now I'm starving. Was planning of having corn chowder using the recipe at the back of the Kallo veggie stock that Maria sent me but I don't have some of the ingredients. It's so much of a task to go to Othaim... I'm a lazy ashtangi until I get to that plane.

======================
Ingredients


½ onion, roughly chopped
1 large mushroom, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled
30g/1oz butter
½ large potato, peeled and chopped
150ml/5fl oz water
½ chicken or vegetable stock cube
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp double cream

Method


1. Place the chopped onion and mushroom into a small food processor with the garlic and blend together.
2. Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion and mushroom mixture and fry for a few minutes. Add the potato, water, stock cube and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover with a lid and simmer for ten minutes.
3. Add the cream and pour into a bowl to serve immediately.

Found this recipe here.

No comments: