Thursday, January 17, 2008

Barbequed Tempeh & Vegetable Stir Fry

A lovely weekend calls for a lovely meal. Woke up late, I think about 8:45am. Practiced until about 11:30 and got inspired to make a lovely stir fry. Ate 2 full bowls. ;-)

Ingredients for Vegetable Stir Fry
1 cup carrots sliced thinly
1 cup bean sprouts
1 cup cabbage sliced thinly
1 cup red cabbage sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic sliced thinly
1/2 onion thinly sliced
about 1 tsp thinly sliced ginger
1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
1/2 tsp roasted white sesame seeds
1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
dash of Japanese chili-sesame powder
2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
oil

Ingredients for Barbequed Tempeh
about 250g tempeh, fried until a bit crunchy.
1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
1-2 tbsp Chinese char siu sauce

Serve over steamed rice.

2 comments:

Ben-Ariel said...

Hi Jon,

Oh so that's why I haven't seen you updating on Multiply. I'll be going home March 19 to April 1. Will you be in the Philippines then?

Practice has been slow. I've been receiving a relatively different work schedule lately and it disallows me from going to the yoga club. That's why I'm trying to improve on home practice.

Your traveling is all yoga related? Or you still work in Saudi?

I'll link your blog too. I synchronize my Blogger and Multiply so they're updated at the same time so you can check either of the sites.

Unknown said...

Hey Ben,

Won't be in the Philippines in March. End of June pa.

Yup, my travel plan for the 2nd half of this year is all yoga related. My contract ends in June and I'll be an official yoga bum until October.

Thanks for the link.

Woke up late today. Haven't even started practice yet.