I was chatting with Maria while I was preparing this soup about 3 nights ago and she said that cheese doesn't really have a place in a soup. I'm not really sure if it's a Filipino thing to put cheese on almost any dish to make it tasty... the cheesier the dish is, the better. Come to think of it, the regular Pinoy would only use either processed cheddar cheese or its quickmelt version... hmnnn... just a thought.
INGREDIENTS
1 large potato, cut into cubes
250g broccoli florets (I'm not actually sure how much I used so I'm just guessing)
1/2-1 cup grated cheddar cheese (quick melt)
1 vegetable stock cube
Dried basil
500ml water
salt and pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS
Boil the water, add the potato. Once cooked, add the stock cube. Remove from heat and let it cool for a while. Puree. Season with dried basil, salt and pepper. Return to heat and add the broccoli florets. You may need to add more water until the desired consistency is achieved. Let it simmer for about 1-2 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked. Stir in half of the cheese, use the remaining half as topping. Serve with crackers. Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment