Sunday, January 20, 2008

Vegetarian Chilli Recipe

INGREDIENTS
1 can red beans (yeah... I'm lazy, hehehe...)
1 big tomato, pureed
1/2 onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1 vegetable cube (I used the one Maria sent me... it's organic and low in fat. Thanks M!)
pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tbsp olive oil

INSTRUCTION:
Saute garlic and onion in olive oil. Dump everything in and let it stew for 5-10 minutes. Serve with your favorite bread. I had the German bread from Euromarche. I take a 15 minute walk just to get that bread. It's lovely and really filling.

Although I said dump everything in, it's actually helpful to add the spices one at a time with love, as they say... and adjust the quantity according to one's taste. Based on my experience, when you follow a recipe very strictly, sometimes, the outcome might be suitable to one's taste, but when you add the ingredients and spices slowly, the result is usually a dish made in heaven. ;-)

Cheers.

No comments: