Wednesday, January 9, 2008

2008 Travel Plans

Got excited after learning about Tiger Airways' new route to Bangalore. Thought I'd never be able to save some from the airfare but with Tiger Air's good news, half of the air ticket budget would be saved.

Here's my travel plans for the 2nd half of this year including the expected airfare expenses:

June 21
Flying from Riyadh to Manila. PSU will pay for this one-way ticket since this will be my final exit. I'm not planning to renew my contract after this academic year... the 3 months summer holiday this year because of the movement of the Ramadan month but nah... I'm done here.

June 28-July 2
Will be seeing Paul in Manila. Still need to contact Yoga Manila to ask if I can attend the Mysore classes because it's a teacher training schedule. Paul said I can see him but got to ask the host studio regarding classes.

July 3-6
Tempted to attend the Asia Yoga Conference in Hong Kong. But will need to pass. Don't have enough dosh to spend on unnecessary things. As Paul said, "do only what's necessary". Will probably stay in Manila or fly down south to Davao anytime and stay there until the 16th. One-way ticket from Manila to Davao costs PHP 2,394.56 (59USD), tax included, via Cebu Pacific.

July 17
Flying from Davao to Singapore via Cebu Pacific. Bought the ticket last November when they had the PHP999 promo. Total ticket cost is PHP 2518.00 (62USD) one-way. Cost of the ticket if bought today is PHP 3,459.00 (85USD). Planning to explore Singapore for 3 nights/2 days and probably stay at one of these cheap hotels. Might attend Mysore classes with any of these two authorized teachers as well: Stanley A'Lim or James Figueira. July 20 Flying from Singapore to Bangalore via Tiger Airways. Return tickets cost PHP 10,579.83 (260USD).

July 21-October 22
Studying at the Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute in Mysore, India.

Oct 24
Return flight to Singapore.

Oct 25
Singapore to Phuket via Tiger Air. One-way ticket costs PHP 3193.35 (78.40USD).

Oct 25-Nov 1
Visit Julie. Still waiting for her confirmation though if I can visit her at this time.

Nov 2-5
Fly to Bangkok via One-Two-Go Airlines and explore Bangkok for 3N/3D. Might stay at Suk11 as suggested by Maria or with Ate Kris. One-way ticket costs Php2539.611 (62.30USD).

Nov 5
Fly back to Manila via Cebu Pacific. Ticket costs Php 3998.10 (98.15USD).

Nov 5-onwards
Be a wandering yogi... wherever the wind blows.. the yogi shall follow.

Total expected expenses for air tickets (MNL-DVO-SIN-BLR-SIN-HKT-BKK-MNL): 619.85USD. Cheap, aye?

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon! I feel so normal after reading your blog =) Nauuna na ako sa yo, I am now a wandering yogini! A yogini friend asked me last night what my plans are or if I just made my decision out of faith. Sheepishly, I answered it's the latter case. I am leaving for the US this coming February to visit my family and won't be back in Manila till April. After that, bahala na...wherever the wind blows, sabi mo nga.

You take care. Namaste!