When I posted the video on Carabao Island in Romblon, Jane asked me what is it doing in my yoga food blog? I told her that this blog started out as a way to chronicle my diet and how it is affecting my practice and day-to-day living, then slowly another idea came up, "why not promote the Philippines as well?" So I guess this blog is really about yoga, moderate eating and Philippine Tourism.
I've been convincing M to visit the Philippines the next time she's in Southeast Asia and "bombarding" her with photos and websites of beautiful white sand beaches in the Philippines. Hopefully, with Bela's retreat center in Samar, more adventurous beach-loving Ashtangis will come and visit the Philippines.
Our government sucks and we don't have beautiful airports such as those in Thailand but we have equally stunning beaches. As one of the Philippine tourism ads says, "If you don't like this one (referring to Boracay Island), we have 7000 more to choose from."
Balut Island Hot Spring, Sarangani Province
4 comments:
Practice has been slow but steady. Although the past two weeks have been bad because I had stomach problems in Manila and couldn't practice. As in nag pa-consult pa ako sa doctor to be sure. Di na 'ata sanay tiyan ko mag process ng meat kasi medyo marami than usual yung nakain ko sa Pinas. Haha. Pero OK na ako ngayon.
I'm getting more and more flexible (thankfully) but will still need more practice to go into Supta Kurmasana and Gaba Pindasana completely. I need to do more on my twisting. Hirap pa ako mag Marichyasana C and D. Oh well.
Julie contacted me na rin pala. Naka reserve na raw ako sa class mo sa Thailand. :)
P.S. Yes! Promote the Philippines! OK 'yan.
Wow... talaga? I'll see you in Phuket then.
Yes, work on Marich C and D. Do it twice or thrice per side or more stay more than 5 breaths per side. Until now I still do that because it takes a while before body becomes ready for deep binding. So still do Marich C and D preps before doing the bind.
Sabi nga ni Guruji, "practice... practice... practice... all is coming".
Do you attend Mysore classes regularly?
Yeah, see you in Thailand. For Marichyasana, I notice I can reach a bind but will still need assistance to pull me into it. Yup, practice pa talaga. Mysore class no. I only do primary series pag home practice so walang assistance from an instructor.
hi! the www.yogaphilippines.com website does not work. do you know of any yoga retreats in the philippines, preferably something longer than 2 days and held in the province. i am a beginner and i would love to jump-start my yoga and be disciplined and serious =)
kindly e-mail me at mama_a.n.s.k.i@yahoo.com (remove the dots in anski). thanks.
Post a Comment