Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Sattvic Brunch

Full pranayama practice this morning (pranayama preps and the prescribed ones) after kriyas. I woke up a little unwell (weather is changing) so I decided to skip the asanas. I can do it later in the afternoon if I feel better.

Had some left over steamed rice in the fridge thus the rice milk.

Ingredients
2 cups leftover steamed rice
500 ml low fat milk
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp golden raisins (I thought of adding this to the recipe at the last minute so didn't had the time to soak it in water to decrease its acidity)
Some walnuts for garnish

Method
Heat the milk in a small saucepan. Keep the heat low. Once the milk is boiling, dump everything in and simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the mixture stand for 5-10 minutes.It's 12:15pm already so that's brunch today. Also had it with mint tea. Bought a huge bunch for only 95 halalas (1 SAR = 100 halalas; 1 SAR = 3.75 USD).

Cheers.

No comments: