Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Galler Belgian Chocolates and Shamiana Indian Cuisine

Sometimes, it pays to know people, specially fellow Filipinos here in the Kingdom. You'll get to get some freebies or have a taste of world-famous Belgian chocolates for free, hahahaha.

Last night after practice, I tagged along with housemates to go shopping, or using M's term "retail therapy". Wednesday is basically my free day except for some online attendance updating and class upkeeping.

The married housemates usually shop until the malls or the supermarkets close at around 12 midnight so I seldom join them. It felt right to just hang out with them last night so I did.

When we got to Danube Supermarket/Hyatt Mall, Mhar saw an acquaintance at the Galler Shop so we got some free taste of their products. I tell you, it was worth staying up late and not being able to wake up at 4:30am for pranayama. Not really good at using words to describe my experience so I'll you with, "it was heaven and pure indulgence".

Next stop, Auntie Anne's Pretzel. Ruby, Mhar's wife who's about to give birth in less than 2 weeks, was craving for Auntie Anne's pretzels since two nights ago. Realized that maybe if I'm not very active and don't moderate my sugar intake, I might end up having diabetes because of my sweet tooth.

Then, we passed by a watch store and drooled over some really nice Fossil watches. Maybe if I have some cash left at the end of this year, I'll get one. My sight is set on travelling so I need to save up for that.

Last stop was the food court and I saw a new sign, "Shamiana Tandoori and Indian Cuisine". Checked out their menu and decided to get the tikka panner with naan but unfortunately, they didn't have it anymore as it was almost closing time. I opted for the other vegetarian combo which has mixed veggie curry and curried chickpeas. It was good. It also came with rice biryani, naan, papad and dhal. The dhal was great. I wasn't hungry so I just had a taste and took it home. That will be lunch later.

Can't upload photos so here's some of the links:
Shamiana
Galler Belgian Chocolates
Auntie Anne's Pretzels
Traditional Daal Recipe

No comments: