Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ashtanga Minus the Hype: Real people do yoga

Om

The doctor in warrior.

Joji

...

My inorganic chemistry professor in headstand.

Om

*****

It's good to be back and reconnect with old friends. This is where I used to teach yoga before I moved to the Middle East. They were one of my motivations to get further education in yoga.

When I moved to Riyadh, I asked my friend Joji to take over the classes. Every time I'd come home for vacation, I'd always see to it that I teach a class or two. Slowly, I introduced them to ashtanga (I used to teach flow) and the mysore-style of practice. They were very receptive and it's wonderful to see how their practices have evolved.

Professors, academic personnel, and non-teaching staff from the different parts of the university come together every Monday and Thursday afternoon in a make-shift shala at the Palma Hall Annex in UP Diliman to practice together for wellness, peace, and friendship.

For Joji's schedule in QC, please visit www.flowyogaqc.co.nr.

Click here for more photos of the workshop.

SHOUT OUT TO Chona: Thanks for taking the photos.

1 comment:

C said...

Namaste, Jon. For the inspiration I got from your group I say thank you.