- Age: 30
- Sex: Male
- Ethnicity: Asian (Filipino)
- Height: 1.67m
- Weight: 59kg
- BMI: 21 (Normal)
- Waist Circumference: 77cm
- Hip Circumference: 93cm
- W-H Ratio: 0.83 (Low Risk)
- Body Fat%: 13% (Very Good)
- Lean Body Mass: 51.33kg
- Fat Mass: 8kg
Tool
Raw Data (Table & Graph)
Table 1. Heart Rate Data on Mysore
Graph 1. Average cal/min in a Mysore class.

Table 2. Heart Rate Data on Led Class
Graph 2. Average cal/min during Led class
- Mysore burns an average of 6.02cal/min; Led burns an average of 5.68cal/min.
- Mysore burns more cal/min compard to led.
- Behavior of HR is basically the same for both formats.
- Ashtanga follows the current exercise guidelines in terms of suggested METS during warm up, workout proper and cool down.
- In terms of METS, Mysore is 1 MET higher than Led.
- In Mysore, maximum heart rate was recorded during the first part of the seated sequence, while in led, it was during the 2nd half of the seated seqence.
- Total time for Mysore was 1 hour 43 minutes 21 seconds while Led was 1 hour 11 minutes 30 seconds.
- No comparison between In Zone data as it was not recorded during the Led class.
4 comments:
where did you get this? is this your data?
Data I gathered during weekend practice last month.
Wore the heart rate monitor while practicing and taking notes of the variables at the end of each segment.
Just one of the things that I do to keep me from staring blankly at the ceiling on weekends. ;-)
Galing Jon! Last year my doctor told me that yoga is not enough and that I need to engage in some form of aerobic exercise "something that will increase your heart rate to at least 120/min." This is it! Hard data! He couldn't believe I had to catch my breath during practice. I told Teacher Pio about my doctor's comment...very strong reaction niya, he he.
Before I got into ashtanga but was doing hatha at mandarin, I felt the need for aerobic exercise so I did treadmill walking. I am so glad i ran into YM and ashtanga!
Post a Comment