Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Journey to Budget Airlines Online Booking

It's the end of the week in this part of the world. The first week of the 2nd semester is finally over and classes should normalize starting Saturday. Got no class on Wednesdays so today should be an easy day.

I've been web-surfing best fares to Phuket and when I've finally decided to purchase the ticket from Air Asia, their website went down probably from too much traffic as they're on sale since yesterday. The Singapore-Phuket ticket would cost only 61USD. I just hope I can still get that later when their system "comes back to life".

This whole online booking experience is an adventure in itself. You have to be at the site at the right time in order to get the best fare. I got too excited when Tiger Air offered a cheap flight to Bangalore from Singapore last month, so I decided to purchase my ticket and paid 290usd. A week later, they slashed the price to 200usd. Now I have to book a flight from Singapore to Phuket. Air Asia seems to offer the best fare as of the moment and I'm not sure if Jetstar or Tiger Air will offer something cheaper in the future. Guess this is one of those moments when you simply have to follow your instinct... and listen to that voice within.

6 comments:

Ben-Ariel said...

Ever since I got here, all my flights were booked online (AirAsia and CebuPac). Tama ka, chambahan lang minsan. As a suggestion, mag book ka pag madaling araw sa Malaysia (GMT +8 dito). Less people are on the site. Also try to book flights in the middle of the week and not on weekends.

Sale pala ngayon sa AirAsia. You might want to check it out.

Kelan ka punta ng Singapore / Phuket?

Unknown said...

Thanks... Yup.. bought my SIN-Phuket ticket already from Air Asia... 2500php lang.. hahahaa... so far nga 17500php pa lang nagagastos ko sa air tickets... nakapunta na kong Singapore, India tsaka Phuket.

Ben-Ariel said...

Cool! Yoga related ba yung travel mo o vacation lang? When? Lapit lang Sing at Phuket dito. Pwede akong dumaan kahit saglit. Hehe.

May na-book din akong flight kagabi. Punta kami ng friends ko sa Vientiane, Laos this July. Woohoo!

Unknown said...

Hey Ben,

Nakabili na rin akong ticket from Phuket to Bangkok. 750thb lang sa Air Asia, wahahaha... panalo.

I'll be teaching for a week in Phuket, punta ka. Oct 26 to Nov 2. Wala pa sa website ni Julie yung sched. Will let you know pagnakapost na.

Yoga-related lahat to... parang extended vacation na rin. First time ko maging bum since I started working in 1999. I'll just pass by Singapore on my way to India. Will be studying at AYRI from July 22-Oct 22, then Phuket via SIN, then Bangkok mga 3 days lang. After that either balik na ko ng Pinas or balik ng India. Will still need to check cash flow by April.

Ben-Ariel said...

Ayos sa schedule ah. I think I can meet up with you either in Phuket or Bangkok. Depende pa sa leaves. I'll be home this December kasi hindi ako umuwi last year so medyo nagtitipid ako sa leaves ko. Hehe. But end of Oct and early Nov should be OK. Syempre gusto ko rin matuto from someone who has been with Guruji! =) Swerte...

I'll check your friend's site once in a while to see when you'll be teaching there tapos ayusin ko. Will inform you if naayos na.

(So you mean you're not teaching in KSA anymore?)

Unknown said...

That's great. Sige let me know kung ok na yung sched.

Yup, di na ko magrerenew dito. A decision that most middle class pinoys or OFWs would consider crazy as the job is good, salary is ok, plus we have almost 3 months vacation in a year. 60 days annual leave plus 2 15-days break during ramadan and hadj.

Sabi ko nga ke Macky, co-faculty ko tsaka housemate, kung nakakapagturo lang siguro ako ng yoga dito regularly, magtatagal ako dito, kaso hindi. 80% of yoga students are female, with that, KSA isn't really the best place for a male yoga instructor to be in.

I'm waiting for this teaching opportunity to become clearer. May inoffer kasi sa akin but di pa clear kasi mga early to mid 2009 pa raw. So hopefully habang nasa Mysore ako, magiging clear lahat.