Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Singdaan faailohk

Merry Christmas!.. in three days.

Today, the routine goes on.  Sleep over in the morning and wake up just in time for coffee and a quick breakfast.  Then the movie.  Dave (1993) starring Kevin Klein and Sigourney Weaver.

It's my 3rd day in Hong Kong and how can I stay here and not cook Chinese food?  For lunch, we had Chinese fried rice.

In a hot pan, heat 1-2 tbsp oil.  Break 3 eggs into the pan and whisk the eggs until cooked.  Set aside.  In the same pan, saute 2-3 tbsp minced garlic, add 2 handfuls of chopped cabbage.  Stir fry for 1-2 minutes until the vegetable is cooked.  Season with light soy sauce.  Set aside.  Again, in the same pan, add 1-2 tbsp of oil, saute 2-3 tbsp minced garlic, add 2 cups of mixed vegetable cubes (carrots, peas, corn kernels) and vegetarian sausages cut into thin slices, add some butter, season with light soy sauce.  Set aside.  Once again, in the same pan (yes, you don't need to rinse the pan in this recipe), saute yet another 1-2 tbsp garlic, 2-3 tbsp chopped onions, until fragrant.  Add 3-5 cups of cooled cooked white rice, mix well.  Dissolve 1 vegetable stock cube in 2 tbsp light soy sauce (lessen the amount of soy sauce if you think it's too much.  I don't usually measure what I use in my cooking.  I just use what I perceive is needed).  Add the soy sauce-stock mixture into the garlic-onion-rice.  Mix well.  Add the remaining ingredients (cooked cabbage, cooked mixed veggies and sausage, scrambled eggs).  Mix well and season with salt and pepper.  Grate a tbsp of fresh ginger into the dish and add 1 tsp of Chinese sesame oil.  Stir and make sure all the ingredients are evenly mixed.  Serve and enjoy.

Hao chi!!!

1 comment:

yogainmylife said...

i definitely will try this after the holidays. Right now there is just too much food! And...I love Dave too... I never tire watching that movie whenever I see it on cable! Enjoy your HK living!