Thursday, December 16, 2010

Your blog is dying...

... said a really good friend.

Maybe it is.

The reason I put up this blog 3 years ago was to have an online journal of my journey into the realm of yoga and vegetarianism.  I had doubts in my writing ability so I just started out by entering my food intake, recipes, and outline of my daily activities.  With Saraswati's guidance, I sometimes write something worth reading.  Most of time though, it's just ordinary writing.  Nothing special.

My plan for the next two weeks though is to spend more time in the kitchen so I can keep this blog alive.  I think even in a small way, this blog has helped provide bits of information about yoga, vegetarian recipes, and the Philippines.

The goal is to come up with 5 recipes this holiday break.

Om.

5 comments:

yogainmylife said...

This blog has definitely helped me...I hope you get to find time in the kitchen again!

Arturo said...

Dear Jon
Gosh, was your commenter a bit too tough? It's work to write and you do so well and about important things.
cheers,
Arturo

Unknown said...

M, thanks for the siopao. I'll have it for brunch tomorrow, hehe.

Arturo, thanks. It's my uncle who's been following my blog. He actually cooks as well and enjoyed some of my recipes. He was just a bit worried when I sort of slacked a bit in my entries. Cheers.

M said...

I think writing is very much like yoga. When you practice everyday, you deepen your craft, you become more confident in your writing.

I've been a reader for a few months now. Blessings.

Unknown said...

Thanks M. Yes, I believe with practice, the writing can improve. I guess like asana practice, we try not to compare ourselves with others. Focus on what we can write and experience that.

Om.