Forever sweating with your leg behind your head
I'm sure you would much rather be in Padmasana instead
breathing deeply amongst other sounds,
the soft counting of Guruji, his lotus feet upon the ground
All matter of judgement is cast away from here
Fly above the aching bodies, breath it in....breath it out.
Watch the freedom dance around the room, Guruji can see it,
Floating and gliding, circling his head
drifting in and out of his mind - so perfectly designed
He chuckles as it lingers around a humble student, always a step behind
then coming back to drift around his mind
A burst of colour light and song
as the students echo Guruji's OM
I wonder the thoughts his head creates even just to ponder on
I'm sure they are more complicated than just a simple OM
***
By India Scott (at 13 years)
From http://www.stillpointyoga.co.nz/news.cfm?id=131
***
Until the next stillpoint.
I'm sure you would much rather be in Padmasana instead
breathing deeply amongst other sounds,
the soft counting of Guruji, his lotus feet upon the ground
All matter of judgement is cast away from here
Fly above the aching bodies, breath it in....breath it out.
Watch the freedom dance around the room, Guruji can see it,
Floating and gliding, circling his head
drifting in and out of his mind - so perfectly designed
He chuckles as it lingers around a humble student, always a step behind
then coming back to drift around his mind
A burst of colour light and song
as the students echo Guruji's OM
I wonder the thoughts his head creates even just to ponder on
I'm sure they are more complicated than just a simple OM
***
By India Scott (at 13 years)
From http://www.stillpointyoga.co.nz/news.cfm?id=131
***
Until the next stillpoint.
3 comments:
hi Jon
wow, that is beautiful, thanks for sharing it.
namaste,
Arturo
India is John's daughter? I know that his son's name is Finn. Love the poem!
Arturo, glad you liked it.
Hi Mel, yes... India is John's daughter. He played a song by India also during our last class... napaiyak yung ibang tao... they were really touched by the experience.
John was amazing.
Post a Comment