Introducing Cafe Mitahara's new dish...
Garlic Tofu Rice Topping...
Buttery and garlicky...
Healthy... nutritious... and best of all... it's vegetarian... (For those who prefer sattvic dishes, we recommend Tofu Rice Topping).
Fits anyone's budget...
For only 75 pesos per serving.
Who said it's expensive to be a vegetarian?
===
Now for the real story.
Made garlic rice with my 1-day old steamed organic red rice. Just fried minced garlic, about 1 tbsp, in 1 tbsp soybean oil. When the garlic had browned, I added about 2 cups of the day-old steamed red rice. Seasoned it with light soy sauce and set it aside.
For the topping.
Sauteed 1 tbsp minced garlic, then added the leftover tofu salpicao (Yes, it's been lying in the fridge for 2 straight days... dead prana-wise but then the next ingredient will add some life into it so don't worry :-p)... stir fry for a minute or two... then add about 2 cups of shredded cabbage. I used both green and red cabbage to make the dish more colorful. Stir fried for another minute or two over high heat. Turned off the heat. Tasted it... needed more flavor so I added a tbsp of vegetarian oyster sauce and another tbsp of light soy sauce. Sprinkled chopped fresh cilantro and mixed it in.
The amount was good for 2 servings but mitahara wasn't practiced tonight. I ate it all. :-p First serving as is, second with chili sauce. Bondat!
No comments:
Post a Comment