Next 10-day course is on April 1-12, 2009. Click here for the Vipassana Philippines webpage and here to apply for the 10-day course.
"Sleeping late, practicing late, no pranayama, all asanas." This is how I'd describe my days in the last 2 weeks.
Practice was good this morning although I could feel the stiffness of the body. I wonder if my daily morning coffee is making the muscle tremble in the state of asana.
Most probably.
But I just bought my first Monk's Blend coffee yesterday and man it's one of the best I've had. The last pack that I bought was the Batangas Blend and although it was also good, I believe I've found my local blend.
Not sattvic, I know. But what to do? Guruji used to say (or so I heard), "have coffee before practice... gives you courage." Especially during dropbacks and kapotasana.
As always, moderation is the key.
My new year's mantra, "support local products... tatak Pinoy, tatak Pilipino!" :-p
3 comments:
Full flavor sans whatever it is in coffee that causes me palpitation! We stayed in the Abbey (where the monk-farmers stay) overnight years ago, flowing coffee! Good food, rustic ambiance. Imagine, board and lodging and bottomless coffee at Php125/night! Another item in my bucket list is to go back there. Anyone of you interested? I have Dom Martin's number (or should I post it here?). He's the very pleasant and sweet monk-in-charge of the Abbey.
so when's the next vipassana retreat?
monk's blend is so far the best.. why? because they really and carefully pick each good bean before roasting. by the way, its not yet an Abbey, it is still a Monastery. been there, worked there, prayed there.
xMonk
Thanks for posting a comment xMonk. It looks like the vipassana Philippines website hasn't been updated. The last scheduled 10-day retreat was in March this year. You can contact them at:
Vipassana Meditation in Philippines
Angelita D. Walker, RSCJ / Rose F. Scott
26 Nova Scotia Street
Loyola Grand Villas, Quezon City, Philippines 1105
Fax: +632 746 7134
Mobile: (+63)917 867 6408, (+63)917 882 5541, (+63)917 527 7177
Email: info@ph.dhamma.org
Website: www.ph.dhamma.org
Post a Comment