Nutty Oaty
That's the name of the power breakfast shake that I usually order from one of the fruit juice/shake stalls in the malls. It has peanut butter, oats, yoghurt, whey protein, and bananas. I like it. It's filling and simple to make. Here's my version.
Ingredients:
1 medium banana
250ml nonfat milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp oats
1 scoop (26g) whey protein
Put everything in the blender. Blend and serve.
International Handstand Day
Practice with non-attachment. So what if we cannot do it today? There's always tomorrow. I always say, always work with 3. Three repetitions. Three try's. After that, move on.
The benefits of handstand includes stronger shoulders, arms and wrists, improved balance, calmness in the brain, stress reduction, and may alleviate mild depression (Yoga Journal).
I was browsing through my fb newsfeed when I saw this link. Some of the UP Pep members are already "attending" so I thought of sharing my pics here.
Standing upside down makes us experience the world in another perspective. Maybe by looking at things in a different perspective, can help us make this world more peaceful.
Did some handstands during practice this morning but I only read about this a couple of minutes ago so I'm re-sharing some of previous handstand pics.
Davao, Philippines
Snake Island, Palawan
Gumasa Glan, Saranggani Province
Anvaya Cove, Bataan
University Theater, UP Diliman
Visit the Official International Handstand Day website here.



3 comments:
Partida pa yung Palawan at Saranggani, naka 10-sec timer! ;-) Kaya ka rin pala namin niregaluhan ng practice shorts...dahil sa Saranggani at Bataan photos mo :-p Peace!
Doesn't whey protein make you bulk up?
Hi Avril,
Only if you do heavy resistance training, take in more than 1g of protein/kg body weight, and enough calories to increase muscle mass.
Post a Comment