Sunday, June 19, 2011

Long Hair... Father's Day

A young boy had just gotten his driving permit. He asked his father, who was a minister, if they could discuss the use of the car. His father took him to his study and said to him, "I'll make a deal with you. You bring your grades up, study your bible a little and get your hair cut and we'll talk about it."

After about a month, the boy came back and again asked his father, if they could discuss use of the car. They again went to the father’s study where his father said, "Son, I've been real proud of you. You have brought your grades up, you've studied your bible diligently, but you didn't get your hair cut."

The young man waited for a moment and replied, "You know Dad, I've been thinking about that. You know, Samson had long hair, Moses had long hair, Noah had long hair, and even Jesus had long hair!” to which his father replied, "Yes, you're right, and they also WALKED every where they went! (reposted from Loveyoufather).

***
I've brought my grades up (never studied so hard in my entire academic life until my first year in phd). Read the entire bible back in high school and have downloaded the bible app in my ipod touch, have read the Bhagavad Gita and the some parts of the Koran as well.  And have cut my hair short.


Unfortunately, I still cannot use the car because I still don't have my driver's license, hahaha. At 34.

***
It was lovely to talk to loved ones from Oz over Skype earlier.

***
The father of ashtanga yoga in the Philippines is back in Manila.  I think he's teaching again.  Hope to see him before I leave.

***
To Patanjali, the Father of Yoga, I bow.

***

Happy Father's Day

No comments: