Saute 2 cloves garlic, minced, sliced onions, in 1 tbsp olive oil. Add chopped potatoes, carrots, peas, about 1 cup each. Add 6 cups water, 1.5 cups elbow macaroni, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Drop one mushroom stock cube, season with salt and pepper, and dried rosemary.
When the pasta and vegetables are cooked, slowly pour in about 1 cup milk (I used evaporated milk), and stir well. Allow to simmer for another minute and stir in a handful of finely chopped fresh basil leaves.
Went to the Assad Indian mini-mart in Marikina this morning after my class in Makati. It was an adventure figuring out where to go. Glad to have been able to buy all the spices and dhals that I need to make authentic Indian dishes.
It's hello kitcherie again in the next few days. Oh, and rice milk... yummy!
Still got one class later. Not really mine now but started the program 4-5 years ago and left it with Joji when I moved to Saudi. It would be good to see the group again.
3 comments:
Hey Jon! You know, I think there's an Assad in Makati. I'll let you know when I find out where it is now.
See you Saturday!
Thanks Avril. See you on Sat.
looks yummy!!!
Post a Comment