Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Simple Pasta Dish

Saute minced garlic in 1/2 cup olive oil, about 5 big cloves. Add thinly sliced green and red capsicum. Stir in 1 mushroom stock cube. Remove from heat and season lightly with salt and pepper. Add a handful of chopped basil leaves and mix well.

Pour the sauce into cooked spaghetti (400 grams uncooked), serve and enjoy.

Top with some basil leaves, crushed red pepper and your favorite cheese. Being "skinny and a little bit short of money" at this time, I used Eden processed cheese. It's cheap and I believe suits the Filipino tongue very well.

After my morning class in Makati yesterday, I decided to go to Marikina and get Indian spices from Assad Indian mini-mart. I got everything that I need so watch out for simple, nutritious and mouth-watering Indian dishes in the next few days.

I still have leftover brown rice in the fridge and I'm thinking of making rice milk for brunch.

Namaste.

3 comments:

Avril said...

Hi Jon!

Where did you get the mushroom stock cube? And would you know where to find vegetable stock in Manila? I've been searching the supermarkets, but everyone just gives me a blank stare when I ask for it.

Thanks! :)

Unknown said...

I bought it in Thailand. Unfortunately, I don't think we can get it anywhere here.

I bought veg stock cubes from Assad though. Haven't tried it yet but will do maybe tomorrow when I make dhal soup.

Also, I saw organic veg stock cubes at Healthy Option. Expensive though. :-(

Avril said...

I'll check Assad. Thanks!