Papadum and Vegetable samosa for entree. Basmati rice + tandoori for Ryan and Palak Paneer + Naan for me.
The battery went empty when I was about to take a photo of the Spinach Paneer, which was also very disappointing.
I haven't been to India but have tasted good Indian food in Manila and Riyadh. Only the samosa passed my taste buds but it also needed more cumin.
The Chef came to the table and asked if we liked the food. I had to tell him honestly that the food was too Filipinized. I guess they had to lessen the spices to suit the Pinoy tongue as a lot of Filipinos don't really Indian food.
But is it really the solution? I remembered the Filipino waiter at the Tajbah Restaurant in Riyadh telling me that many Filipinos liked Kofta and other dishes in tomato-based sauces. The solution to make Pinoys like Indian food might not be to tone down the spices but to let them try dishes in tomato-based or yoghurt-based sauces.
Toning down the spiciness of an Indian dish is like diluting the teachings of yoga so that it becomes more acceptable to a given group of people.
8 comments:
"Toning down the spiciness of an Indian dish is like diluting the teachings of yoga so that it becomes more acceptable to a given group of people."--good analogy! It almost reads like it was taken from ancient text (haha).
I think I was delusional when I wrote this. Too much durian, wehehe.
DURIAN!!! Sana ginawa mo nang ABCD yung isang post mo ;-D
Yes, good analogy and profound explanation in the other post. Diluting the teachings of yoga--this is so true that's why I didn't buy the book entitled.... tweaking things to suit one's convenience.
Jon, lumalabas tuloy kung sino ka talaga sa past life mo, ha ha!
Chons,
Wala kasi akong picture ng durian kaya di ko naisip, hehehe... hayaan mo mamaya... punta akong downtown to take a photo of durian... it's in season and you can see in every corner of Davao!
Watch out for Durian Yoga! Your ultimate yoga destination in the Southern Philippines (Wala namang tax ang mangarap di ba?)
Speaking of tax (this comment has nothing to do with our post, he he), for a Php3,000 air fare, Php7,000+ ang add-on tax?! Waaaa!
7000+??? That's not cool. Where are you going? Mysore? hehehe
Certainly not cool. If I don't get the post I am applying for, I might just travel last quarter of the year. Target destination: Greece or India (the places I must see before I die, South Africa included but not this soon). Kung sa India, baka hindi Mysore kasi baka bigla akong ma-rehab dun, ayoko nga! =P
Ikain mo ako ng durian before you leave, he he.
Just came from Aldevinco. Bought little gifts for people.
Go to India!!!
Post a Comment