
I'm in Singapore but the first place I went to was
Little India.

At first I thought I'd go to China Town because it's a more familiar place to go to having been studied Chinese for 10 years. But I went to Little India instead and walking aimlessly, my feet lead me to this
temple. I didn't realize it's a full moon and they were celebrating
Guru Purnima.
In Mysore, they'd be celebrating Guruji's birthday and I'm not there yet.
Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple
The
Sri Mariamman Temple in Chinatown is Singapore's oldest Indian temple. It was built in 1827 and is dedicated to the Hindu mother goddess.

Inside the
Buddha Tooth Relic Temple. This is where I spent a long time listening to the monks chanting. I wanted to go inside the Hindu temples but somehow drawn more into the Buddhist one. A working of the pre-conditioned mind? Probably.
Will upload more photos when I get to India and label the photos properly. I'm flying out tomorrow night at 7:40pm.
Thank you Elaine for sharing your space for practice... the dinner and quick tour of Singapore.
Namaste.
No comments:
Post a Comment