Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rest Day

It's Saturday and it's rest day for asanas for yogins studying at AYRI. I just had breakfast at Vivian's (they have an official name of the cafe but can't remember it at this moment) with Tesa and friends we've made here in Mysore.

We had dinner at the famous Three Sisters in Lakshmipuram last night and while Tesa and I originally planned on watching this flute concert by Ravi Shankar Mishra, we were mesmerized by Harini's stories of the old shala and of Guruji that we lost track of time. The next thing we knew, it was already late and decided to head home.

My flatmate and I are both a bit sick at the moment so we'll probably just stay home to get better. Tomorrow's another led class and man, Sharath counts really slowly. I was doing all the vinyasas alright but navasana, urdhva dhanurasana and utpluthih? The mind was rebelling and yelling, "What the &@#$ am I doing here???"

Ok. I'm only in my first week. Things will eventually get a little bit better, inshallah.

Namaste.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon, Jon!

I remember in your previous blog you said you'll share with us whatever you'll learn from India...can we skip the slow counting part? =P Kahit nga bilisan mo at i-cut mo pa to three counts, hindi ko talaga natatapos yung navasana. In the second and third set of urdhva dhanurasana, I always surrendered to the pose (read:I made you carry my weight, didn't you notice?Ha ha! =D)

Anonymous said...

the Matrix filmmakers initially spent 63 million dollars, used 1,000 still cameras clicking sequentially around one character to create the illusion of being suspended in mid-air (or levitating) for ten seconds. People there...levitate like it’s just breathing for them. How cool is that.

Unknown said...

Hey Chona,

I'm feeling a lot better today... actually I'm well already. Had a good practice this morning and I'm now just chilling out at Anu's.

I will share with you EVERYTHING including the slow counting part, hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Aba Jon, warningan mo ko kapag nagle levitate ka na ha. Makapag set up ng multi-cam na hi-speed settings to capture the yogic moments! ;-)

Unknown said...

Crissy, hehehe... sige lang... I'll tell you once I've experienced levitating during pranayama, hehehe.