It's been two weeks since my last post. I was planning to be more active now that I'm back in Davao but so far I haven't done anything except eat, sleep, and do asanas.
Tuesday, July 12. I was supposed to fly home that day but I wasn't able to finish packing and clearing my rented room monday morning that I decided to rebook my flight so that I didn't need to rush and stress myself. There were so much stuffs. I couldn't believe the amount of things that I've accumulated in the last 2.5 years in Manila! I was able to fill in 12 big garbage bags with papers, shoe boxes, old-not-worn-again clothes, etc. My landlord even wondered how I was able to manage to put those things inside my small rented space. I also wondered.
The extra free days really helped though because I was able to organize my thoughts and decided to ship some stuffs home. I thought I'd be able to carry it all in the plane since I bought extra luggage allowance. In the end, it was just too much so I had to send two boxes through a local shipping company.
Letting go... it's not really that easy.
So now it's been four days since I arrived.
Johann was excited to see me and was very keen on helping me download the 2010 FIFA opening ceremonies and ALL the games from day 1. I didn't promise him anything but told him I'd do my best to get whatever I can from the internet. With the speed of the internet here, I will need 48 hours to download one 10-minute video. Standing on my head for one hour seems an easier task... but aren't we practicing yoga so that we can maintain the equanimity of the mind when faced with situations such as this one?
It's been more than a week since my last class in Yoga Manila. I taught my last class two saturdays ago. Although despedida lunches and dinners had been done, my mind isn't ready to process the transition. Everything is so transient at the moment that all I could do is to try to keep my mind in the present and enjoy it. Maybe in the next couple of days, I'd be able to process something and put it into writing.
Thanks to Joji's student Aurora Lim for the wonderful photo. C blogged about this photo shoot here.

No comments:
Post a Comment