...because 29.1% of Filipino men are hypertensive.
... because Filipino men have high triglyceride and cholesterol (the bad kind) levels.
... because more Filipino men still drink and smoke a lot.
... because only 10.9% engages in leisure-related physical activity.
Photos courtesy of Metrolifestyle Health and Fitness Center Davao.



4 comments:
And they're starting young! I thought only lolos ought to have hypertension, high-level of cholesterol, etc. I have no hard data but I am surprised to meet men (and my circle isn't so big so just imagine the proportion...but then again my samples are biased...so stat! he he) in their late 20s and early 30s who are already on maintenance med. =(
Yup, I have one batchmate who's on meds now. Actually asked me if I can do teach him swimming privately... at least daw, he'll learn how to swim in addition to having an exercise program.
Filipino women on the other hand are becoming more and more overweight.
Stress-eating? If they're married, stress-eating kasi hypertensive hubbies nila?
C you are so funny!
I've been trying to convince my husband to take up yoga but to no avail...
Post a Comment