Was hoping to take the train from Mysore to Bangalore (BLR) then to Trivandrum (TVC) but there are too many people on the waiting list from BLR-TVC and I've been told that getting a ticket on my preferred departure date won't be guaranteed with 20 people still on the list.
Next option was to fly either with Kingfisher or Jet Airways.
I had to walk home to get my passport as the online booking form required it so I did and came back. I was ready to pay when it asked for the contact number that is on record with the bank. For some reasons, I don't know my number but it's on my Philippine simcard which I left in the house. That would mean, walking again for another 10 minutes and back. Laziness prevailed and I've decided to do this tomorow. I guess it's the Cosmos' way of telling me to wait until tomorrow as it is full moon today. Whatever the reason maybe, only the Universe knows.
Will just sleep it over and try again tomorrow.
The above photo does not depict the modern trains here. It's actually more convenient than you'd think it is especially those Express ones. However, this was something that used to come to my mind whenever I'd think of trains in India.
Think of LRT 1 and LRT 2 in Manila. If you only see photos of LRT 1, you'd think all trains are as chaotic as LRT 1 until you take LRT 2.
Maybe if I sit there I'd be enlightened and become great as well, wahahaha. (Yeah, you wish!)
Will see tomorrow if that travel plan pushes through.
Om shanti, shanti, shanti.
6 comments:
hola Jon
so have yo decided to leave mysore to do the vipassana?
How is everything going over there?
Can you believe its almost 2 months in India already?
M
Okay, in case you didn't notice, the linked biography of the Swami (Vivekananda) (the one you want to emulate) said he was..."a handsome figure"! (see photo: Artistahin!)
M!!! I wanted to do vipassana but will just do it in the Philippines instead. The direction to their center in Bangalore wasn't very clear so I'll just fly south to Trivandrum instead and stay in the Sivananda Ashram for 2 weeks before exploring the beaches of Kerala.
Everything is great. I just started an ayurvedic massage course and I can now perform a back of the leg massage, hahaha... full body will only be possible after 12 days. It's intense! Ayurvedic principles are also discussed before the techniques were taught.
@Grass
Hahaha... you're funny.
ayurvedic massage?! cool! so may in-house masseur na sa yoga retreat natin! =P
you forgot to add: "and cute. and modest. and humble. and awesome, adorable, phenomenal...but humble."
Chona, we finished the back of the leg part today. Tomorrow will be "the back"... I'm really happy I decided to take this course. With so many spas and massage places in the Philippines, at least I have another option now, hahaha. I'll be charging 1500php per 2 hour session, hahaha. Wishful thinking.
Post a Comment