Came across these two books by Michael Pollan at Jarir Bookstore last night. Bought the first one because it was cheaper and published earlier. Will be leaving Riyadh in 18 days anyway so I don't really want to add more stuffs into my luggage.
Just some of the excerpts from The Omnivore's Dilemma:
"When you can eat just about anything nature has to offer, deciding what you should eat will inevitably stir anxiety, especially when some of the potential foods on offer are liable to sicken or kill you." - page 3.
"We are not only what we eat, but how eat, too." - page 4.
"The Omnivore's Dilemma is about the three principal food chains that sustain us today: the industrial, the organic, and the hunter-gatherer." - page 7.
"Eat Food... Not Too Much... Mostly Plants" was from the 2nd book. It sounds like Mitahara or the yogic practice of moderate eating to me. I thought I'd read the first book first because it, sort of, explains the current food industry and will give me a better picture of the author's point of view.
1 comment:
Sounds like good reading.
I'm taking my blog private for the time being. If you would like an invite, send me an email at
frm923 at gmail dot com
Post a Comment