Kitcherie Is Simple Silly. ;-)
Ingredients
1/2 cup toor dhal + 1.5 cups brown rice, soaked in water for at least 15 minutes, discard water.
1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp oil
Heat oil in a sauce pan. Lower heat and fry the mustard seeds until it begins to pop. Add the cumin seeds and allow to pop as well. Add the rest of the spices. Mix in the dhal and rice. Add 5 cups of water. Transfer everything to a rice cooker. Turn it on. Do your practice and a healthy dinner will waiting after.
For variation. Add chopped carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, garlic and onion (not sattvic of course), some bell pepper, or whatever you fancy. Use freshly grated ginger instead of powder for a fresher taste. I can't be bothered at the moment thus the simple soupy kitcherie.
Got invites to attend dinners and parties tonight but I think I'll be a geek tonight.
Sending love to all those who might come across this entry this Love Day.
Namaste.
1 comment:
Just thought about my friends in Saudi when I came across this yahoo article.
Be my Valentine -- but shh, Saudi vice cops are watching
Post a Comment