Saturday, November 1, 2008

Walk and Sail Away

Oh boy, this day was a blast! Started it with a walk up to the Big Buddha of Phuket. It takes about 45 minutes walk up and another 40 minutes down. It wasn't hard because to do it with a bunch of yogis who just had a weeklong of daily ashtanga practice was just awesome.

We reached the top and sat for some homemade oatmeal cookies from Julie.

It was a rather misty day but you can just imagine how lovely this view would be on a sunny day. Then after walking down. Julie and Cindy (who just had a successful art exhibit a couple of nights ago which we all attended) dropped Ben and I off at the Chalong docking area where Marieke (another regular student of Julie who also attended my classes) would pick us up. She's a skipper and has sailed a boat from Thailand to Greece with her husband Bert. After the class one morning, she just asked if we want to go sailing with her. And who can decline such an offer? I tell you, this will probably the first and the last time that I'd set my feet on a sail boat because it is expensive!!! But if you're a skipper like Marieke, you can get to use other people's boats for free provided of course that you'd bring food and take turn stirring the wheel and hoisting the sail. Or you can simply do your job well and be invited onboard ;-) I must have been really good to deserve this. I can get used to this.
Just in case any of you would be interested in sailing in Asia, check out Faraway Yachting's website here.
Ok, I have to go to bed and hope that my luck doesn't run out. I still have a week here in Phuket and I intend to enjoy the beaches in the next few days plus some massage gigs. Hoping for more sunny days. Ciao.

2 comments:

Ben-Ariel said...

Jon!

Bilis mag post ah. Yes, it was a fantastic day, indeed. Perfect way to end my yoga/beach holiday!

Thanks sa lahat ha. Your workshop was really great and helpful. I'll be imagining your voice and adjustments now until I'm able to bind in marich D and supta all alone. Hahaha. Please say hi to Julie, Marieke, and the rest of the gang.

P.S.

Ipapadala ko na lang by courier yung sailing photos natin. Ang dami kasi eh. Tapos may mga naiwanan akong gamit sa room ko (unused bottled water and a pair of slippers). You can have those if you want. Thanks again! See you who knows when...

Unknown said...

hahaha... oo nga eh... glad to know you made it. I'll be in Manila by December so maybe you can just send it from there para mas mura.

Mafe mushkala. Thanks for attending the workshop too.

Borrowed Julie's scooter today so I'll be by the beach again today.

Keep the practice! Om.